Friday, March 7, 2008

Waiting...

Not much to report. Still awaiting for the call. I did get things squared up with Vanderbilt this week. They have a great international adoption program there. They have two pediatricians on staff that will review pictures and medicals for us. They will also give us meds for the adoption trip in case our little one is sick. They will also do a exam of our little one, once we return, and communicate with our local pediatrician.
Our friends the O'Neals have a court date - March 31st. It would be a nice surprise if the 10 day waiting period could be waived, but that has not been the case in Tver as of late. Our newest friend Emily has travel dates to meet her little girl. She should be in Tver at the same time as the O'Neals - that will be nice for both families. Carrie (O'Neal), Emily, and myself have all been communicating via e-mail and phone for a while. I will be very disappointed if I don't get to meet at least one of them along the way.
I'm spending the weekend in North Carolina again. I'm hosting a bridal shower for my niece. Can't believe that little sqwert is old enough to get married! - Anyway, hope the call comes soon!

1 comment:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Lee, it was great to talk with you yesterday. I know you are on pins and needles waiting for "the call," and we'll continue to pray that it comes very soon! Call me or email me (once we are in Russia) if you need anything at all!