Saturday, April 19, 2008

Almost Home

We are on the last leg of the journey before we head home. We left Tver this am and are now at the Marriott in Moscow. We are not home, but this feels WONDERFUL! We ordered hamburgers, fries, and Pepsi. I even had ice with my Pepsi. I may pay for it later, but well worth it now. We took a very long nap on very comfortable beds - yes beds. We've shared a tiny bed all week and were very excited to have a room with two queens. We even have 4-5 English speaking stations on the TV. We've just returned from TGIF's. Boy this is good living. We however can't wait to get home. There are lots of fun things to do while we wait, but are ready to return for this little one. I'm sure Ms. E missed us this morning, but will quickly forget us - we hope. She is a happy little girl and we have no worries that she will continue to find enjoyment in her normal routine. I've attached a picture of us with Alexy (CHI Director of the Tver region) outside of the Baby Home. Again, we can't say thank you enough for all the thoughts and prayers. - Lee

2 comments:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

The beds at the Marriot ARE way better than the Tver hotel! We wholeheartedly agree! That is sad about that house burning down. We noticed several like that while we were there.

I hope you are enjoying McDonalds! The "Royal Cheeseburger" (aka Quarter Pounder) is VERY good, too! I'm glad you made it to Fridays. We drank a few drinks with ice as well, including getting ice at the hotel week before last, and we did okay. I think you're pretty safe in Moscow. I even brushed my teeth with the water too, and I'm very paranoid about all of that. We did not get sick there. I hope your travels home are smooth. Give me a call when you get back!

jason p said...

Hey guys. I'm glad ya'll are on your way home. I can't imagine how hard it was to leave the little angel, but Perk is right. Try not to look at each day as being away from her, but one day closer to being with her. Ya'll give me a call when you get home and settled. Hope to see ya'll saturday or sooner.
-Jason Power