Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My day started at 6am. Amanda and I drove to Columbia, SC to apostille my nephews reference letter. In transit we came upon an 18 wheeler that had just over turned. I jumped out to help and fortunately the guy was okay. Only harm was ruined sandals and muddy feet on my part. Stopped off at the rest area to wash up. I don't think the other guest appreciated me washing my feet in the sink, but oh well. You have to do what you have to do. Then back to Casa Dela'Perkins (my pet name for our home) at 1:30pm. Amanda and I tried to get the car seat in, but no luck. Then on to the CPA's office, returned emails and phone calls. Mailed Immigration office more documents of which they have (signed for on 5-8-08), but mailed AGAIN. I included a nice (ha ha) letter stating our urgency. Worked on getting a pediatrician letter done so that John will not have to travel to Nashville this week. Lets see - there has to be more - Oh yeah I broke down...cry...cry..cry... Okay better, found info needed for medical addendum, typed this up and ready for John to drop by the MD's office tomorrow. Sharon spent the day working on getting Uncle Bill's reference letter apostilled in Boston.

Okay so where are things standing at this hour of the day. WE NEED OUR I-797 (immigration), need the two doc's to sign there info on Wednesday, need to apostille documents.
So, do we have time to get excited? - Not really, but I do go to sleep each evening thinking of my sweet little lady. Just two weeks from tomorrow we should be holding her!!!!!!

2 comments:

Nancy House said...

I can't wait to see her. I am getting excited for ya'll also. She will definately be loved by all!

Anonymous said...

It's all going to be FINE. Please know that I am sending all my love and good thoughts to you guys from here in New York... and who knows, perhaps we will hold our children together, side by side in August. No one can stop me from dreaming! Love, Emily

(by the way - I will show up on this as "anonymous" since I have no Blogger name....)