Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Journey Home


What a long journey home. Our little lady took 2 one hour naps - stayed awake for 23 hours minus the two naps. Boy were we all tired when we got home. John's mom picked us up at the airport, then to the house where she had prepared a wonderful meal. Elizabeth was greeted by what will become some of her closets family and friends. It was amazing to see how awake and playful she was after such a long trip. She went down around 9pm - we went down around 10pm. We are very happy to be home and to have this phase of our journey over. We woke up this morning with new plans and agendas for a long happy life together. What better way to begin this journey than surrounded by the people you love and love you the best.
I will continue to keep this blog going for a while. I know there are people who are interested. There are also "waiting families" who are using this as a reference. I have and will try to be honest about our life and her development. There are great things that come through adoption, but there are the truths as well. God bless you all and thank you so much for following this journey with us. Much Love - Lee

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Welcome home, cousins! And welcome home, sweet Elizabeth Kate!
Love, Trish and Thomas

Anonymous said...

She looks like an Angel in her bed. Oneday she will know just how lucky she is to have a wonderful place to play and grow up and have a wonderful childhood. What an awesome time this must be for everyone. I am glad yall had a safe trip and enjoy and cherish all the hours and days yall have with each other. What a wonderful ending to a long journey and a happy new beginning to the new life as a family!!! I hope oneday to be able to meet this little lady. Somehow I feel like I know her from reading all the post. I have enjoyed reading all about this journey. Love Adrienne Wages

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I love the picture of Elizabeth sleeping! So sweet! :) Congrats on making it home! I'm sure you are having so much fun showing her all of her new things. Give me a call once you all get settled. I hope you all have a wonderful first few days at home together! :)

armymom said...

Lee and John,
I have been following your blog for awhile now. You two have got to be the most determined couple I know. You are wonderful! Lee, I know I haven't been the best cousin in the world, not staying in touch, but I think of you often. I am so proud of the woman you have grown to be. You and John are going to be the best parents for little Elizabeth. She is soo adorable. The first picture I saw of her took my breath away. I know you both will love her with all you have.
I love you,
Cousin Valerie

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I have been following your blog for a while now as well. I am so happy you finally have your daughter home. Congratulations! What a blessing.

Kristine

Anonymous said...

Dearest Elizabeth Kate…. Our mommies know each other VERY well. Even though they have never met in person, they have helped each other immeasurably. Together, they helped each other “hang in there” while they waited for each of us to find our way to them, where we belong and where we will remain forever.

I am still in the orphanage – where you once lived. It is a decent place with hard working women to love all the children. But, it’s not home. I will be home soon (Sept 9), and I will finally know what you already know… that there’s nothing on earth like a real home, safe and sound and surrounded with the love of real, forever family.

One day we will meet – face to face, and hold each other hand in hand. And, our mommies will always be close and will always know what we went through to finally be together.

I’m right behind you Elizabeth… let’s grow up to be big, strong, happy and healthy….

Forever, Your Soul Sister,

JRo