Monday, December 15, 2008

Post-Placement Home Visit






We had our 1st post-placement home visit today from our social worker. Heather (social worker) is such a delight and makes us feel at ease. Elizabeth was a delightful child during the visit...thank God. As we reflected back over the last 4 months of being home, we are reminded of how much Elizabeth has grown and matured. It's like watching a rose unfold and expand upward. She has put on about 5 pounds, grown about an inch and has about 75 words that she can say. I no longer see this tiny tiny oh so tiny little mite that I once knew. I see a child that has filled out into an adorable little toddler. She does not understand about Christmas, but does love Santa. She has seen him a number of times and loves this old fella. I attached a couple of photos. Hope all of you have a wonderful Holiday Season. We look forward to spending Christmas playing playing and playing!!

1 comment:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

It sounds like she is doing so well! That is wonderful! I'm glad your first pp visit went well, and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with E! Thanks for the Christmas card and picture! We were so excited to receive them! :)