It saddens my heart to see 2008 leave us. John and I had a most fortunate year. I know this will go down as one (if not the one) of the best years of my life. I personally had success with my career. I was able to chair several committees at work and with that was able to lead the charge in better patient outcomes and improved nursing satisfaction. John and I had a tremendous start to 2008 by winning a sum of money that paid the entire adoption cost. As I told John last January, "I know God doesn't hang out in casinos, but he sure gave the winning hand to someone who was going to spend it for a great cause". Through our travels to Russian, meeting Elizabeth, and spending the time at Teremok and Tver, I have grown spiritually. I've always cared deeply about people, especially the poor. This year has helped me solidify my thoughts and desires more than ever. And of course, our daughter tops the list. 2008 brought long days and months waiting for a referral, then meeting this beautiful little girl, bringing her home, and most of all providing her with a family. So heres to you 2008 - gone, but never ever ever forgotten my me!!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment