Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Eating Milestone


As you know our biggest challenge with Elizabeth has been eating. When we brought her home she would only eat "mush" for 6 weeks. We worked on "chewing" meal after meal after meal... she finally got it. Since then I've been concerned about her need for us to feed her. She has the ability, but insist on us feeding her. I've done everything from just letting her go hungry to praising her for trying. Nothing has seem to work until today. For whatever reason today she took control with "no, stop it" when I started to help. She ate the whole meal without any assistance from me and most importantly didn't want any assistance from me. HALLELUJAH!! She is almost 3 years old - its time!!

1 comment:

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Yea Elizabeth! Good job with your eating! I hope she continues to do well.

Lee-I'll send you an email tomorrow so we can catch up! Thanks for checking in with me.