Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Changes

I wondered tonight as I rocked Elizabeth to sleep, "how long will this last". There are a few nights here and there that she doesn't want me to rock her, but mostly she does. This is the best moment of the day. It's just she and I with soft music playing. I can sit quietly with her and think about a lot of things, but never the stress of the day. My thoughts are always of how wonderful it feels to have her home; how wonderful it is that she has a mother to rock her. Changes....they are happening, but this I want to stay the same for a long time.

One change that she is making is calling me "Mama". Not often, but every now and again she'll say something like "Can I have a cookie Mama". As sweet as I know the word "Mommy" sounds, I think I LOVE this new Mama word. Maybe because that's what I call my Mama.

Yes changes are happening. Every new stage I think lets "freeze frame" her right here, but then she changes and I think again, no now lets "freeze frame" her. She is so much fun. There are times that I think I could string her up by her toe nails, but mostly I am so very completely smitten by her.

God is good and he has blessed me with a child. A child that a stranger said the other day, "she must look like your husband because she doesn't look anything like you". Oh, but how she acts just like me.

Yes, she continues to change...growing and developing. Home and family have been good to us all!!

No comments: