We have a new house guest. He moved in Monday. He has black eyes and even though he is as tall as me, he is able to sleep in Elizabeth's bed with her. She says "he just curls up". His name is Spencer. Spencer appeared Monday afternoon and has been an ever present friend to Elizabeth. I don't know lots about him, but I do know that he gets left behind all the time. I had to stop at the stop sign in our neighborhood to let him run and jump in the car. He got left at the grocery store. Daddy had to stop by and pick him up and bring him home. Elizabeth said he was "crying". She called him on the phone and told him "don't worry, wait outside and Daddy will pick you up".
I love love love this new phase of imagination. Unlike the other toys that she talks to all day, I can actually hear Spencer. She asked him the other morning if he wanted breakfast and he said "yes". So I fixed both he and Elizabeth a bowl of cereal.
Other events. Pre-K4 started - maybe this is why Spencer came to live with us. Anyway, Elizabeth loves school. She asked after the first day if she could do that again. I hope the choice of schools this year will be a better match than last years.
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment