There is not enough time, words, inelegance, or creativity to explain what adoption has done for all of us. Who needed who more? I'm not sure of that. Who's life has been enhanced more? I'm not sure of that either. All I can try to explain how adoption changed my life.
My whole life I wanted to be a mother; a mother to lots of children. I wanted to plan pregnancy, to feel a life grow inside me, to deliver, to nurse, and to hold a new born. As other things in my life have gone, a different course was charted for me. I became a mother through adoption. Do I love and care for Elizabeth just as much as if I'd done all the above and actually birthed her? YES!! The love grows every single day. I love her for so many new reasons as she grows. Oh how I'm glad my destination was changed.
Love is simple. Love takes work and should not be a passive act. Love is simple. You just have to open your heart to someone who needs it.
Adoption= the single greatest gift in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment