Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Social Work Visit / How Things Stack Up

Today our social worker, Heather, came for a visit. All went well. She is very warm and friendly. She always makes us feel at ease. I'm still in the process of reviewing and updating documents. Marti is sending me a list over Friday of "extra" documentation needs. I've e-mailed our document over to Tver stating our willingness to adopt a boy. It seems that one of the two families in front of us for a girl has also agreed to accept a boy. They got a referral immediately! - Just since last Friday!! - WOW!! So now how do things stack up - One person in front of us for a girl and no one in front of us for a boy. We will see what is in store for us. Several folks have asked for updates on the families we traveled with in August. One family is there now, adoption complete, but can't take ownership of their little one until next week. All is going as it should with them. Kevin, our side kick in Tver has decided to change to another country. His family will be checking out the Ukraine! We wish both of these families the best in their new adventures. Break over - back to the paperwork. Lee

2 comments:

pamga said...

Hey, Words cannot express how happy Spray and I both are for you and John. It is our hope and prayer that this long journey will come to an end soon and your life as a family can begin! Don't forget to pick out a new paint color!
Love,
Pam

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

I'm glad your home study visit is behind you! They are nervewracking regardless! I'm so happy that you all are next, and you may hear something very soon! They seem to be really speeding up on giving out referrals! :)