Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Petition to Adopt

What a special day. We were able to spend 4 hours with this little cutie pie. Each visit we play, play, and play some more. She loves stacking cups and thats all she likes to play with other than us. She laughs when we put one on our head, I yell into one for echo effect and she in turn yells into one. She stacks them, places one inside the other. I built a very tall tower out of them and she learned to knock them down. I hid something under one and she finds it. We have lots of wonderful pictures. Today I was able to hold her while she fell asleep - it was GREAT!!

These last two days have been hard. This little girl needs more than I'm sure we will ever be able to give, but we decided today that we will give it a try. We are counting on friends and family for continued support. She is so tiny and needs so much attention, and we are VERY eager to start giving it to her.

We will most likely not see her on Wednesday. We have an appointment with the Notary to petition to adopt her, then hopefully on to the judge to present our documents. If all goes well, we will visit her again on Thursday and come home on Friday. The wait time now until court is about 2 months. I'm sure we will miss her every moment of every day, put we feel that the care givers love her dearly. They all are wonderful people - God bless them for all they do.

I wish that we could post a picture, but as you know we can't. Soon, hopefully very soon!!

Thanks for your emails and posts. Hope to see some of you over the weekend - Love to all Lee and John

2 comments:

The Skinners said...

Yea!! We are so happy for you guys, sounds like she is a very special little girl. Can't wait to learn more. All our best!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the trip is going good! Just wanted ya'll to know we were thinking about ya'll. Good luck with the rest of the trip and I look forward to hearing more about it when you get home.