Saturday, July 19, 2008

Events - Things I know


Events of the night. We were not able to sleep very well, we cat napped off/on all night. We each took the sounds of our environment into our dreams. It appears our hotel was the happening place last night, as people stomped up the stairs I dreamed someone was breaking in our house. There are huge military planes that fly over our hotel each night, I dreamed this noise was a tornado. The fireworks/gunfire (not sure which) that happened all night – John dreamed he was at one of his rental house getting shot. It was a very restless night. Back to the fireworks/gunfire – we only hope it was the military academy training during the night. It became quite unnerving!
Events of the day. We headed out around noon to the pedestrian mall for some ice cream and people watching. People watching is an interesting pass time for us. Gives us lots to talk about. We went to the indoor mall to purchase a cooking pot. The one I brought is not working. Hopefully tonight we can have something a bit more familiar to us. We ordered pizza last night with the other couple that is here. We all four were grateful and relieved from the day’s events.
Things I learned about my daughter on Friday’s visit. 1)She really seems to be happy child. 2)She now can say “up”. John would throw her in the air and she LOVED it. We would say up each time, eventually we stopped saying it and made her say it. It was great. We moved on to other things and randomly she would look up and say “up” and we’d throw her up again. 3)She has a very caring heart. This next part, though I’m glad she has a caring heart makes me sad. During the course of our playing, one of her classmates began to cry. Our little lady turned her head toward where this child’s cries were coming from and called out over and over Da..da..da..da (yes…yes…yes…yes.) She had such a sad look on her face. It breaks my heart that these children have to comfort one another. I hope my daughter keeps her caring heart, but I hope she can soon become a child and let these worries go. I’ve read and been informed by a child psychologist that life in an orphanage is stressful everyday for children. As we spend more and more time in her world I see this clearly. I hope John and I can relieve this stress from her life!!4) Other things I know, she loves to be caressed. She melts with kisses and caresses with the full affect of eyes rolling back and body becoming limp. This of course, we do not mind giving at all. This in fact, we have been told, will stimulate the diet, mental, physical, and emotional well being more than anything else. This child needs to know every day as often as possible that we love her unconditionally. 5) She can drink out of a water bottle. She watched John take a drink from his water bottle with interest so we offered her some. She took it on two separate occasions, but didn’t seem to enjoy the taste.
We are enjoying our time together and looking forward to Monday. Much love to everyone. Picture of the military academy one block from our hotel. - Lee

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!! I'm so glad y'all are getting to see her lots and bring her home soon!! I'm staying post and will be waiting for a babysitting call if you ever decide to let her out of your sight!! Congrats! Miss ya!

Lauren Smart (RN, BSN!!!)

Anonymous said...

We just got back in town and I was eager to read your blog. I'm so happy that things are moving along and that you might be able to bring her back early. As far as the hospital gossip you requested... I haven't been there :). Stay safe and I look forward to another posting.

Adrienne Lee