It's raining and it's a GREAT DAY in Tver. The judge approved our adoption!!!! We were done with court in less than 2 hours. Things went pretty well, no major hickups. John got a little hot/sweaty - said he thought he was going to throw up, but other than that things went well. We are headed over to Termok this afternoon to visit the little lady and tell her we are her forever parents. There is another couple in court this afternoon, please continue to pray for a positive outcome for them. We are unclear about "Gotcha Day". We hope it will be sooner than later.
Word about the rain - It has been my observation over the years that when I deal with family things - it rains. It never fails that when I drive to NC to visit my family it rains. Everyday I headed to Atlanta for apostilling - it rained. The day we got our referral - it rained. The day we got our court date - it rained. This morning when we woke up John said "no worries, its raining". God bless the rain!
Thanks to everyone for your support. I will post pictures after Gotcha Day. There is no feeling on earth like this. We feel the final step has been taken and the rest is just stuff.
I said on my first trip that we could not take pictures of the area, but now feel that she will need to see how things are and could have been. Just one photo to share with you guys. Take care and much much love - lee
3 comments:
John and Lee,
Congratulations, I know how long you have waited for this day, you are parents now!!!! I cannot wait to see my sweet little cousin, give her a hug and kiss from me! Love, Kari
Congratulations, you must be thrilled. After all this time it's over. Now get that little lady some food and bring her to her new home safe and sound. See "y'all" soon. God Bless
Grandpa
I've got cold chills from head to toe! I'm so freakin excited for you guys!! I look @ your blog everyday and I get even more excited for ya'll! I'll keep praying that ya'll get to bring "little lady" home soon!!! Love- Marybeth
Post a Comment