Funny story - When leaving Teremok on the last day lots of employees said lovely things, gave us wonderful words of wisdom, and shared information on Eliabeth. There was one care giver that took care of her in April who shared information with us. As she was saying her good-byes and leaving she said "Oh, she eats white bread". It was such a random statement. So we thought okay so she eats white bread - what does that mean. It must mean some sort of advancement in diet, maybe a mile stone at Teremok - who knows -but we've laughed about it way to many times. Well as we spend more time with Elizabeth we understand what the care giver was saying - Elizabeth only eats white bread! This child loves her some white bread. We have been able to get little else in her. We'll get calories in here when and how we can.
We took a walk this morning to the market for some needed items including the white bread. We've spent the rest of the day in the room - the rain keeping us in. We hope to do some exploring on Sunday. How many days left????? 3 full days :))
5 comments:
For some reason my first comment didn't post. So if it shows up later...just ignore it. She is a doll! I'm sure later on you could start sneaking something substantial inside the white bread. I'm sure it helps for her to have something familiar. It looks like she is adjusting well. She is lucky to have wonderful parents like the two of you. And I know you feel the same way about her. Please know that many of us at ARMC have you in our thoughts and prayers. I've enjoyed reading your blog... it's now the first thing I do every morning. Stay safe and hurry home.
Adrienne Lee
such a happy child. ready for you guys to get home. Have a safe trip back
Can't wait to meet the little princess. She's a doll. We'll see ya soon.
Love
The Power Family
PS. Dawgs No.1 in the coaches poll. Woof, woof.
Love hearing the updates. Can't wait to meet her. I already bought her an outfit and had a little pink bag monogrameed with her initials. Didn't we all love white bread as kids. How funny! Praying for you to have a safe trip home.
It's amazing that your long journey has ended with such a beautiful little girl and a happy family! I am so happy for all of you and I can't wait to see you when you get home. Happy Travels, and welcome home!
Cynthea Wilson
Post a Comment