We went for our 3rd visit to the Pediatrician since arriving home. Elizabeth is continuing to put on weight. She is averaging 1/2 lb per week. Dr. Aldridge was very pleased with her. We also got a set of shots. Elizabeth handled things well until the next day, boy none of us were happy that day. We've actually had a challenging week. Elizabeth hasn't slept well, which means we haven't either. I think her new electric toothbrush is the culprit. One morning as soon as her feet hit the floor she b-lined her way to the bathroom, stood on her tippy toes and gave the new toothbrush the evil eye. I being a good Mom, have hidden the toothbrush. Last nights sleep went much better. I've spent time this week re-baby proofing the house. What was safe last week is not this week. I've joined the YMCA and she loves playing with the other children in child care while I work out. We've investigated some pre-schools, but have not made our choice just yet. Elizabeth loves to pretend play, which I'm told is unusually for a two year old. Of course I had to buy her a tea set, which she loves playing with. She actually had a tea party with her Northern Grandparents via Skype. She feeds me, her Dad, the dogs, her baby and gives us all things to drink with her tea set. It is so much fun watching her play and enjoy life. Tonight as I rocked her to sleep I reflected on where she would be tonight if not here with us. She is truely blessed by the opportunities given to her, but her Dad and I feel we are equally as blessed. We have discovered a love like no other. We truly enjoy her and our time as a family. God has blessed us!! We head to North Carolina this weekend to introduce her to her extended family. I can't wait for everyone to meet her. For those who are still following the blog, continue to pray for the orphans of the world. Our agency is having issues, Russia/Georgia/US are having issues, China continues to increase the length of their waiting time (now 3 years), other countries are stopping international adoption all together. What will become of these orphans? THANK GOD WE GOT ELIZABETH OUT!!! Much Love - Lee
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Still Growing
We went for our 3rd visit to the Pediatrician since arriving home. Elizabeth is continuing to put on weight. She is averaging 1/2 lb per week. Dr. Aldridge was very pleased with her. We also got a set of shots. Elizabeth handled things well until the next day, boy none of us were happy that day. We've actually had a challenging week. Elizabeth hasn't slept well, which means we haven't either. I think her new electric toothbrush is the culprit. One morning as soon as her feet hit the floor she b-lined her way to the bathroom, stood on her tippy toes and gave the new toothbrush the evil eye. I being a good Mom, have hidden the toothbrush. Last nights sleep went much better. I've spent time this week re-baby proofing the house. What was safe last week is not this week. I've joined the YMCA and she loves playing with the other children in child care while I work out. We've investigated some pre-schools, but have not made our choice just yet. Elizabeth loves to pretend play, which I'm told is unusually for a two year old. Of course I had to buy her a tea set, which she loves playing with. She actually had a tea party with her Northern Grandparents via Skype. She feeds me, her Dad, the dogs, her baby and gives us all things to drink with her tea set. It is so much fun watching her play and enjoy life. Tonight as I rocked her to sleep I reflected on where she would be tonight if not here with us. She is truely blessed by the opportunities given to her, but her Dad and I feel we are equally as blessed. We have discovered a love like no other. We truly enjoy her and our time as a family. God has blessed us!! We head to North Carolina this weekend to introduce her to her extended family. I can't wait for everyone to meet her. For those who are still following the blog, continue to pray for the orphans of the world. Our agency is having issues, Russia/Georgia/US are having issues, China continues to increase the length of their waiting time (now 3 years), other countries are stopping international adoption all together. What will become of these orphans? THANK GOD WE GOT ELIZABETH OUT!!! Much Love - Lee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad she had a wonderful trip to the beach. We just got back last week from Destin too and my boys loved it. What a wonderful life she has and thank goodness she is at home with ya'll. It is such a sad thing that there are others left behind, but she is a very lucky little precious girl. I hope the days and the journey to N.C are safe and fun for ya'll.All 3 of you are very blessed and that is wonderful!!! Love, Adrienne
It is wonderful that she is gaining weight at a steady pace. Praise the Lord for that! I hope she is continuing to do well! I hope to talk to you soon.
Post a Comment