Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day


Today was spent with not only my daughter, but my mother as well. This could not have been a better day. We three went to church together. As people were sharing their thoughts of their mothers with the congregation I was moved to much to share my own thoughts. What I would have liked to have shared is that my Mom is the greatest. She has always given such unconditional love to all her children. We all feel that we are her favorite and she makes us all feel that way. She spent years and years raising four children while caring for not only her mother, but her mother-in-law as well. She is a great example of what a mother should be. I am so fortunate to have her guidance in raising my daughter.
I am grateful for a wonderful Mother-in-law. She has been wonderful to me these last 10 years and is increadibly supportive of our lives. The preacher said today that you can tell a lot about a Mother by looking at her children. Looking at her son John reveals a man with high principles who takes his role as son, brother, husband, and father very seriously. I think Sharon did a fine job!!
At this late hour as I think about Mothers Day, I'm grateful to Elizabeth's birth mother for the choices she made, grateful for all those involved in us finding one another. Tonight I sang "My Little Elizabeth" to her while she fell asleep. This song says it all, about how much I needed her, how much she needed me, how we searched the world over to find her, and how dearly we love her. As I sang the song it occurred to me that this day was equally as special for her as it is for me. Thank God we found one another.

Oh how grateful I am to have Elizabeth........................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What extraordinary luck for Elizabeth, your mother, and your mother-in-law Sharon to have YOU. And, I'm pretty darn lucky myself for having you as my friend.

Happy Mother's Day. Love, Em