Thursday, August 20, 2009

Security

There are moments that I wonder "what was she thinking". Most of the time I can understand her play, emotional outburst, wants and needs. Her world is so small that I pretty much understand her and where she is coming from, but then there are the moments that I don't understand. Example: Several months ago I hummed/moaned this tune into her microphone and immediately her face dropped and she began to cry as if her world was ending. I've often wondered how that may play out in the future. Well today presented a new one. She was eating lunch, I was sitting with her, Thomas on the DVD, all was great. She was eating her lunch and she asked me for a hug (this is often a request). So I lean in to give her a hug and before I could even reach her she busted out crying, long face, big ol' tears, like her world was ending. I had to get her out of the high chair and hold her for a while, kissing her and telling her how very much I love her, and that I was never going away. During these times I do feel that she is afraid that I'm going away or maybe she remembers when she didn't have a mommy. I don't know, but I do know its the saddest thing I've ever seen. Security - that's what I want to give her!!

No comments: