Saturday, March 5, 2011

"Where's the Purple One"

Elizabeth and I were cleaning up her play room this morning and found her stacking cups. You may remember these cups from our days at Teremok.

I asked her if she wanted to see herself at Teremok playing with these cups, so out came the video. Her first question was "where's the purple one". I don't know, then there it was on screen - THE PURPLE ONE. Now, I know what happened to the purple cup and why we don't have it anymore, but to my surprise so does she. I asked her where the purple cup is now. Her reply "I left it there". She did! We left it with her during the three months that we waited. We never got it back. She played with it during our daily visits with her in July, but when we left that mid-day at the end of July the cup stayed. Amazing to me that she knows this. Amazing to me, that the purple cup was the one she kept with her, and more amazing to me that purple is her favorite color.

There are times that I wonder...how much does she really remember.

1 comment:

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

Hi Lee,

What a great story! I am constantly amazed at the things kids remember. I don't know how I didn't find your blog before this but I will definitely check in from now on. Thanks for your comment on my last post too.

Meghan