This is a long over due update. One that may take me days to write, but non the less will be long. I have so much I want to share about our special little one. Lets me start by saying that our sweet little monkey has turned 5. We celebrated this special age in style. She has such an active imagination that we felt it was the right time to take her to Disney. She walked around the first day with her mouth literally hanging wide open. She saw a lot of princesses and princes that day along with Mickey, Minnie, Woody, Jessie, and Cinderella's Fairy God Mother.

The last day of our trip she was able to meet so many of the Princesses and was over joyed at meeting Ariel and Belle - her two favorite .


And her new found love, Aurora.

She had a "pretend" gift for each one of them. It was so sweet. I think Cinderella got a little more than she bargained for.
As you can tell from the video, Elizabeth has a very sweet heart. She got a Cinderella locket necklace while we were there and everyday she would wish to be a real princesses. I started wishing that she would have a castle that she could be a real princesses in. And wouldn't you know it, all her wishes came true at her birthday party. Dreams really do come true.

She finished out her pre-K 4 year at the Methodist church. Its amazing to see how much she learned this year. She started the year with learning colors, shapes, numbers and ended the year with being able to read 4-5 word sentences. I am so very very proud of her! Having said all that, we have decided not to send her to kindergarten this year and keep her at the Methodist church for another year. She is still so very little and needs a little maturing. We are very sad to loss Ms. Jessica, but have managed to find time to spend with her and her son Henry this summer. Elizabeth just loves Ms. Jessica and Henry so very much. In fact the two kids are in a Drama Camp this week together. You know Elizabeth and her history of being a Drama Queen that I couldn't let this opportunity pass without signing her up. So far she has loved it. This big show is Friday and I'm excited for her to be on the Big Stage.
She has also finished up a season of dance class. She took tap and ballet and really enjoyed it. Her recital was both heartwarming and funny.

She has recently fell in love with all thing gymnastics, so this fall we will enter the gym for a new challenge. She's very excited to meet her "coach" and learn. She practices her head stands everyday and is really getting good at it. She also thinks the back bend and cartwheel are pretty cool as well.
We've had our last and final post-placement meeting with our social worker. I can't believe we are DONE. I can still remember the first time Heather came to our house. I was childless and had everything just perfect. I was so nervous. This time I was lucky to have a clean walkway from the front door to the living room (lol). Not really, but things sure have changed. My house stays scattered with toys, parts of toys, and toys that I have no idea what they are. I LOVE IT!! I will say there are times that I'm frantic to get things in order, but mostly I've sub come to this life of having a full spirited busy little one in my house. I would not have it any other way.
She's been potty trained for a long time now, but has recently been able to keep a dry pull-up all night. So we've taken the pull-ups away and she's done great! If we could just stop sucking her two fingers then we will have accomplished something.
She is so much fun. She continues to have a very active imagination. She talks to her pretend friends, pretends that she is "whatever" she want to be, and loves so many people so very much. Her family continues to embrace her and she loves them all individually and completely. I used to want a child to love me and to love back, but there is no better feeling than to see her love others and them love her. She is very lucky to have the family that she has. This brings me to my heart felt post of wanting more. I can not imaging not adding to our family. It's been a very difficult year for us financially and I'm not sure how we could find those funds or if my husband would even be willing to go down that road again. I however, can't imagine not bringing another child into this home and giving them all that Elizabeth has. Being her mother has been the very best and happiest part of my life. So I will continue to hope....
No comments:
Post a Comment