Our first Mother/Daughter picture is framed and sits on the bookshelf just behind the rocking chair in Elizabeth's room. It is a contrast of sorts. I've got my eyes closed pressing my face to hers; drinking in all that she is. She is stiff, no emotion, just there really. We are outside the orphanage, waiting on the van that will take us to see a group of doctors that will tell us basically to stop worrying. During a nightly read, Elizabeth looks at the picture and ask about it. I simply say that it was taken outside the orphanage in Russia where she once lived. Her comment was " I didn't want you to leave me". Leave you I asked, but I am right there holding onto you. "No, you did leave me and I cried wanting you to come back". Then I cried. I explained that Daddy and I did come back just as quick as the judge would let us and that I never left her again. AMAZING! Does this child really remember those times at Teremok? Thankful today!! A line in the song My Little Elizabeth goes "Safe in our arms. In our arms you will safely stay". ALWAYS MY LOVE, ALWAYS.
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amazing is truely right. I love u EKP!
Post a Comment