Sunday, March 18, 2012

Long overdue Post

Has it really been 4 months since I've posted on this blog?  I don't even know if anyone is still reading this, but for records sack I'd better update!

Elizabeth continues to be just the most special gift ever.  She is maturing into a special, polite, talented little girl.  She loves to SING, play with her ever growing collection of pretend friends, outside, saying "Mom, I love you" like a hundred times a day, and spending time with her family.  Her speech improves and she works really hard on correcting things that we point out.  She currently loves all thing dealing with numbers.  She wants to constantly be quizzed on addition, subtraction, loves to count to 100+, counts by fives, and counts by tens.  During quizzing she says "Make this one harder".  She still loves books.  Loves for us to read to her.  She now wants us to point to every word as we read it.  She wants to read the small words.  I'm so proud of her academics.  She is still in gymnastics and loves it, however; she has asked to play soccer in the fall.  Her physical abilities just amaze me. She has mastered swimming and would live in the water if she could.  She is so incredibly strong!

I said above that she says "Mom, I love you" literally 100 times a day.  She has turned into such a cuddle bug.  She is like glue to me some days.  The bonding continues to grow grow grow.  I LOVE the fact that she has a mother to love.  I will continue to work and give her all the things she needs to mature into adulthood, but of all things I'll be most proud of her ability to love, show love, and receive it.  She, John, and myself recently had a quick get away.  When I asked her what her most favorite part was she said " family time with you and Dad" and I'm convinced she meant every word.


1 comment:

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

OMGoodness she is growing up! She is very beautiful and sounds like she's smart as a whip too! My daughter tells us she loves us 100 times a day too...isn't it wonderful! I love what you said about her having a mom and dad to show her love to. So sweet!