Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Catching Up

It's been way to long since I've done an update...life is busy.  Let's start with Elizabeth.  She has just finished kindergarten and did an amazing job!  We are so very glad we held her back a year.  She was in the top group of her class.  She loves to write, read, loves math.  In fact, we have now begun multiplication.  She loves to learn!  We loved her teaches Ms. Neal and Ms. Rodriguez.  They really made learning fun and I'm convinced that is what will keep all children interested in school.  For those that know Elizabeth know that she loves to sing.  She sings A L L  D A Y  L O N G!!!  It was no surprise to us or anyone else that she won the music award.

She continues to be a happy healthy loving young lady.  She has great manners, loves to help, loves to learn, and has more energy than any child I've ever seen.  She eats like a growing teen age boy.  She loves her family and still says the best part of anything is "family time".  She love games, swimming, friends, and being a Super Hero.  "Dress Up"  is not a big part of her play anymore, but take her to dinner and she is dressed to the Nines.  At the end of the day, I am overjoyed that she is asleep and quite!

I know that if paired with any other child, I would think the same thing, but I'm so lucky that she is my child!!!!  Even when she has worn me out, I am very thankful that we were paired together.  I truly do appreciate all that she is.

In the adoption world, all I can say is we are moving forward.  We go Friday to have our finger prints done for immigration.  We have most of our paperwork done and will have complete by the time the finger prints get back.  If things stay on track we should have our documents to China by the end of July/August.  This is when the waiting begins.

This adoption journey is somewhat different.  I know what it is like to be a Mom this time around - not to two, but still.  I know what drives me....giving a child a family.  This is a stronger drive having lived these last 5 years with Elizabeth.  I KNOW this is what every child needs and deserves.  I'm not a perfect Mom, my family is not a perfect family.  We make mistakes with Elizabeth, but we love her to the ends of the earth.  No one and I mean NO ONE who has met her has not had their life enriched.  She is a joy.  I am so looking forward to offering this to another child.

Thank you all who continue to follow along.  I hope that as the months tick by I have more to report on the up coming sibling for Elizabeth.  I long, I truly long in away that I have never before to make our house a home for a child that at the end of the day simply needs to be loved by a Mama.

No comments: