Life is to love and be loved. I know this more now than I did the first time I read Mother Teresa's words. It has been over 4 years since we first met Elizabeth, over 4 years since we anxiously stood in front of a judge asking to be her parents, over 4 years since we brought her to Winder Georgia and introduced her to her extended family and our friends. We have all come to understand that life is more than it was before. It really is about loving this child and being loved by her. Four years later her life is so different. She is blessed. WE ARE BLESSED!!
November is Adoption Awareness month. Our family and friends are blessed to be apart of a wonderful story that will be later written by Elizabeth herself. She is a strong, smart, and loving child who will undoubtedly take this journey in her own direction and we will happily stand behind her supporting her in whatever she chooses to do.
There will be a part of her future written by us now. The part where she not only is a daughter, granddaughter, cousin, niece, friend, but one that makes her a BIG SISTER. I can't think of a better month than this one to announce that we are on our journey to expand our family for a child that needs a mom, dad, and sister.
We ask that you follow along with our journey here on our blog site. We ask that you pray that God finds the child that needs our family. We are honored to be in this position and I know I would not have written my own story any differently.
God bless all the children of the world. We can not help them all, but we hope to help one more.
Lee
Friday, November 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
OH! You guys! Ben & I will be praying for you on this journey....what a lucky child this will be:)
Lucky kids to be part of your family. Praying for you!
This is wonderful!! You are a great mother to Elizabeth and you are both great parents!! I am so excited foryou and so proud of you!! From the time you were a little girl playing with your dolls I knew what a wonderful mother you would be!! I am so happy for you and your family! I love you!
Update?
Post a Comment