Monday, July 28, 2008

Lock Down Mode

Our last day at Teremok. Our little lady went into full lock down mode at lunch and again this afternoon when I walked her upstairs to her room. She would not continue to climb the stairs; I picked her up and carried her. She reached for me each time I gave her to her caregivers. This is a great sign of attachment. Let’s hope she still wants to be with us when we drive away tomorrow. She has gained weight, we don’t have numbers, but when we picked her up today she definitely weighs more. She loves crackers, applesauce, yogurt, and yogurt drink. We are going to meet in the hotel lobby at 9 am tomorrow, unsure what the plans are exactly. I’m sure hoping to have her by lunch. All is well with us. We moved furniture around in the room last night, and today they set her crib up. It is raining again, and for us this is always a good sign. It’s cold! We are very excited to be finally facing “Gotcha Day”. It has been a long road, of which many of you have taken all the steps you could with us. We are grateful for all our wonderful friends and family! I can’t wait to introduce this very giggly, kindhearted, and sometimes stubborn little girl to you. For now, its dinner, a good night’s rest, and a great big day ahead. Much Love –Lee
PS – John has been asking me to share part of the court hearing with you. At one point the judge slapped his hand on the desk and forcefully said something. As it turns out what he said was when your wife gets out of hand you can slap the table and put her back in line, but you can’t do your daughter that way – How will you control your daughter. “Hum” is all I have to say about that!!
More - KK No singing on our part. Stacey - we don't have the computer up and running but a short time each day. WIFI minutes are very expensive. You can call the hotel and ask for room 135 or we will be more available at the Marriot in Moscow come Friday. I would love to talk if you want to call the room. 1-2 pm Atlanta time. See yall!!

2 comments:

marybeth said...

I can't wait to hear how everything goes!!!!!!!!!!! love- Marybeth

Patricia said...

I am so relieved that 'gotcha day' is finally about to happen! we read the blog every day, thinking of you three. can't wait to meet my new little cousin!!! love, trish