Elizabeth gets stuck on a word, question, or phrase for about 2 weeks. She'll eventually let it go and move on to another. For the last week the question has been "where did (insert word here) come from". Oh I have great answers like: those men built that building, God made that tree, it came from the store. Last night I got THE QUESTION...where did I come from. Oh I saw it coming. It started out with "where did you come from" I answered "granny". "Where did Daddy come from". I answered "Grandma". Then it was THE QUESTION "where did I come from". Well that is a hard question to answer. You came from a family that for reasons we may never know didn't parent you. You came from two governments who historically can't agree on anything, but in your case collaborated on one main goal and that was to get you a family. You came from care givers that washed, bathed, feed, read, and loved you before us. You came from mounds of paper work, long hours spent chasing paperwork, many flights to Russia, many tears, and years of desire from me and your Dad. You came from "Russia", the one word answer that a 3 year old will understand and accept. My heart ached at seeing the future discussion on this subject.
"Where did I come from". Not easy baby, not easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment